Thursday, March 24, 2011


Hans Bellmer. Untitled, 1936.


 Hans Bellmer was born in Kattowitz in 1902. At his father's insistence, he worked in a steel factory and a coal mine after finishing the examinations qualifying for university admittance. Bellmer did a lot of work  and exhibit in Poland. His style of art is different from any other artists, he takes pieces of body parts and brings them together to make something different.

Bellmer uses many layers too finish his art work, mostly layer over layer over layer, but after doing many layers his art work is very cool and makes you wonder how and why he did it.

The reason why I picked this image out of the rest of his paints were because it had the most lines, you could say. Also this picture caught my eye first, I feel that his work comes from the heart and even if his work is different, it makes you want to know why he does it.

I feel that his art work is very successful, I think he wanted to bring the viewer into his art work by doing something different then what every other artist did. I really like his work, and think its pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment